Actively pursue the expansion and retention of businesses to promote regional economic growth
- Defined the Chamber of Commerce’s role and influence in the economic development process
- Partnered with Middletown Economic Development Department on 43 business visits
- Created marketing pieces highlighting the many “positives” of the region
- Assets such as regional airport, aquifer, I-75, schools and energy
- Developed a career cluster map based on the OhioMeansJobs defined “Career Clusters” that identifies higher education areas of study available for prospective businesses considering the region
- Participates and supports Middletown’s What If Community Visioning process
- Participates and supports Downtown Middletown, Inc. (DMI) in their Strategic Planning process
- Participates and supports Middletown City School District in their Strategic Planning process
- Redesigned the All American Expo to increase business visibility and to introduce future workforce applicants to those businesses
2017 Society Members
PAUL J. SORG SOCIETY
GEORGE M. VERITY SOCIETY
Atrium Medical Center
Deceuninck North America
First Financial Bank
CHARLES R. HOOK SOCIETY
Cox Media Group Ohio
Flowers by Roger, Inc.
Midd Cities Partners
MidUSA Credit Union
Robinson Heating & Air Conditioning, Inc.
JOHN B. TYTUS SOCIETY
American Savings Bank
Baker Concrete Construction
G & J Pepsi-Cola Bottlers, Inc.
Garden Manor Care Center
Markey’s Rental & Staging
Precision Strip, Inc.
Russ Beckner Pictures
Slam Dunk Sports Marketing
Tech Force Onsite, LLC