• What is a Chamber of Commerce and what do they do?
• How do I become a member of the Chamber of Commerce?
• Why should I join? What are the benefits of membership?
• What are the dues? Are dues tax deductible?
• How do I calculate my firm’s number of full-time equivalent employees?
• What are the membership dues billing cycles?
• How many chamber members are there?
• Where is the chamber located?
• How can I get visitor information?
• How can I look up my company listing or other company listings?
• How can I change my company listing?
• Does the chamber use volunteers?
• Where can I find a listing of upcoming Chamber events?
• What advertising opportunities are available?
What is a Chamber of Commerce and what do they do?
The Chamber of Commerce is organized for the purpose of being a proactive advocate for the business and professional organizations of Middletown, Monroe and Trenton areas. The Chamber is dedicated to developing, nurturing and protecting a positive economic climate favorable to the business and professional communities. The Chamber will be a provider of cutting edge member services. The highest priority efforts or initiatives of the Chamber are Economic Development, Legislative and Government Affairs and Education.
How do I become a member of The Chamber of Commerce serving Middletown, Monroe and Trenton?
Joining the Chamber of Commerce is easy! Simply fill out our online membership application at www.thechamberofcommerce.org or call 513) 422-4551.
Why should I join? What are the benefits of membership?
Each member has a different reason for joining the Chamber. Some of the benefits of joining include:
• Compensation Consultants, Inc. – (CCI) Worker’s Compensation Group rated program
• Certifichecks – Gift certificate program
• Ellaince – Offers online surveys, email, newsletters & more
• Health Insurance – Health care plan for small or large businesses
• Dental Insurance – Superior Dental Care
• Business Information – Directories, Mailing Lists & more
• Networking Opportunities – Network with area businesses
• Educational Opportunities – Classes, Seminars & Workshops
• Volunteer Opportunities – Join a Chamber Committee
• Sponsorships – Sponsor a Chamber Event
• Telecom Savings – Wireless, Mobile web and Internet dialup savings
• Advocacy – The Chamber is your Business Advocate
What are the dues? Are the dues tax deductible?
Dues are based on the number of full-time employees in your company, with 3 exceptions: Financial Institutions,
Public Utilities/Publishers and Non-Profit & Not-for-Profit. Minimum Chamber dues are $315 base dues plus $6.50 per each full-time employee (three part-time employees equal one full-time). Chamber dues are deductible for federal income tax purposes as a business expense.
Chamber dues for Financial Institutions:
Banks $41 per million in dollars
Credit Unions $22 per million in deposits
Savings & Loans $22 per million in deposits
(Minimum of $500 for financial institutions)
Chamber dues for Public Utilities/Publishers
$.11 per meter, trunk line, subscriber in The Chamber of Commerce
Non-Profit & Not-for-Profit
Flat rate $315 – Churches & Government Units
Limited to one mailing representative. Additional mailings available at $6.50 per representative
Retirees (Individual/Non-Business) $100.00
How do I calculate my firm’s number of full-time equivalent employees?
Chamber dues are based on the number of full-time equivalent employees in your company. If your company has full-time and part-time employees, use this formula to determine your number of full-time equivalent employees:
Total hours paid per week / 40 hours = full-time equivalent employees
What are the billing cycles?
When a company joins the Chamber, they pay one full year’s dues, regardless of the date they join. All membership renewals are billed on a quarterly basis closest to your membership joining date.
How many Chamber members are there?
We currently have more than 480 members.
Where is the Chamber located?
The Chamber of Commerce serving Middletown, Monroe and Trenton offices are located in downtown Middletown, 1500 Central Avenue Middletown, Ohio 45044
(513) 422-4551, Fax: (513) 422-6831
How can I get visitor information?
The Middletown Convention & Visitors Bureau is a great source of information if you’re planning a trip to Middletown.
How can I look up my company listing or other company listings?
To look up a company, go to our website: www.thechamberofcommerce.org, click on members directory.
How can I change my company listing?
Your company information may change due to a move, new personnel or addition of a web site. If any of your company information changes, use our email:
Does the Chamber use Volunteers?
Yes! Volunteering for the Chamber is a great way to network with other members, contribute to the community and have fun all at the same time. There are numerous committees and events that need volunteer support.
Where can I find a list of upcoming Chamber events?
Visit our website: www.thechamberofcommerce.org to view the on-line events calendar.
What advertising opportunities are available?
Contact our staff at (513) 422-4551 for more information or visit our website.